Residential Lending Coordinator Job Posting
Dover Federal Credit Union is different than a bank. We’re a not-for-profit financial cooperative where members are the owners. The Credit Union is governed by members-volunteers elected to the Board of Directors and managed by experienced financial professionals. Dover Federal Credit Union has been serving our community since 1958, and is dedicated to helping members reach their financial goals, as well as being a vital part of our local community.
Our Promise to Members
Members are our priority. Excellence is our past, present and future.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Dover Federal Credit Union living out The Dover Federal Way by delivering outstanding service to both internal and external members. A key component of this service is to identify member needs and recommend appropriate credit union solutions. In addition, provide information on credit union products and services to members in accordance with credit union policies and procedures and State and Federal rules and regulations; interview applicants for real estate loans and process applications; gather background information and analyze loan applicants’ credit history; approve or deny loan applications based on analysis of each applicant’s background; and operate under substantial credit authority.
This valuable team member should possess the following core competencies in relation to the attached job description:
• Communication skills-ability to understand, assess the situation, and provide a solution utilizing knowledge, empathy, personal touch, enthusiasm, and the undivided attention to effectively deliver a superior service experience;
• Ownership- relentless pursuit to drive to completion any issue a member is requesting assistance to help resolve; the ability to seize the opportunity to satisfy a member request in the quickest way possible, taking a leadership role with accountability;
• Adaptable-ability to adjust rapidly to new situations;
• Team player-ability to foster team spirit
• Goal driven;
• Adaptable and flexible;
• Positive outlook;
• Good problem solver and decision maker
• Attention to Detail
• Able to adhere to deadlines, responds in a timely manner.
• Flexible and can perform a wide variety of tasks.
1. Requires education equivalent to a four-year high school education, plus some additional post-secondary technical coursework in real estate or lending.
2. At least two years of experience in mortgage lending.
3. Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for interviewing loan applicants and projecting a positive image as representative of the Credit Union.
4. Work requires knowledge of mortgage loan policy, credit granting criteria, interest rates and how they are computed, and required documentation for mortgage loans. Extensive knowledge of real estate sales and regulations, appraisal guidelines and financial statements.
5. Requires judgment to apply broader aspects of established practices to situations, which go beyond clear, concise guidelines.
6. Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.)
Download DFCU application from website www.doverfcu.com or obtain copy at any branch location. Submit application with resume by mail, fax or in person at any branch. Send to DFCU, Attn: HR Dept, 1075 Silver Lake Blvd, Dover, DE 19904. Fax 302-678-8037.